Headquartered in Taunusstein, Germany, BRITA GmbH is one of the leading companies in water optimization worldwide. BRITA Water is enjoyed every day by 250 million people in over sixty countries.
BRITA pioneered domestic water filtration over forty years ago. With its German technology and research, it remains at the forefront today. Discover the advantages of filtered water and the difference it can make to your lifestyle.
Over the past 40 years, BRITA has expanded from a small, one-man business into an internationally operating company, and is still family-run. BRITA is the inventor of jug water filters for domestic use. Today, the company develops, produces and sells innovative drinking water filters for both domestic and professional use in over 60 countries on all continents, and is thus the only real global player in its field. BRITA is one of the "hidden champions" - companies that discover a market niche, create and conquer this market and constantly expand it.
A modern company with broad filtration solutions
BRITA is synonymous with household water filters and produces a wide range of jug water filters and cartridges for domestic use. Moreover, recognizing the broader applications for its innovative technology, BRITA has expanded its field of activity far beyond household consumer products. Since 1980, BRITA has been manufacturing water filters for professional use in coffee and espresso machines, vending machines, steamers and dishwashers, improving food and beverage flavour and presentation and raising cost-efficiency. BRITA's third field of operations, BRITA Integrated Solutions, comprises partnerships with international manufacturers of domestic appliances, including BSH Bosch Siemens Haushaltsgeräte GmbH, Cloer, Breville and Pegler, who integrate BRITA's household water filter cartridges into their appliances to offer their customers the advantages of BRITA-filtered water.
Some facts at a glance
• Established in 1966 by Heinz Hankammer, BRITA is an owner-managed family company over 1000 staff worldwide. It is now run by the second generation in the person of Markus Hankammer.
• Production takes place in Germany, the U.K. and Switzerland.
• BRITA products are distributed worldwide to more than 60 countries on all continents by subsidiaries and partner companies.
• Worldwide turnover in 2011 was EUR 320.7 million.
• Products include:
- Water filter systems and cartridges for domestic use: jug water filters, on tap water filters and water dispensers;
- Water filter cartridges integrated into partner domestic appliances in kettles, coffee and espresso machines, water dispensers and water chillers, under-sink installations for BRITA-filtered water straight from the tap;
- Water filter systems and cartridges for commercial use for coffee machines, vending machines, steamers and dishwashers
For more than 40 years BRITA has been among the leading experts in the field of water optimization. We ensure the high quality of our products by concentrating on research and development.
Numerous national and international protected patents legally provide the head start in the field of innovation.
BRITA has won numerous Design Awards internationally for its innovative products.
BRITA is one of the so-called "hidden champions": companies that have discovered a market niche, created the market for it and consistently expanded that market.
The success of the company is based on the consistent expansion of the product range.